For this assignment, you will provide a long answer essay response to each of the questions below. For each question, you are encouraged to use the peer-reviewed resources provided throughout the units to support your responses. Please do not copy and paste the whole question into the document. Rather, provide the question number (1-4) and a brief heading that correlates with each section of the grading rubric. (Example: 1. Seven Dimensions)
- Choose one of the articles provided below. Use the Baer, Wolf and Risley (1968) article to provide a discussion for each of the seven dimensions.
- Theimann-Bourque, K., Brady, N., McGuff, S., Stump, K., & Naylor, A. (2016). Picture exchange communication system and pals: A peer-mediated augmentative and alternative communication intervention for minimally verbal preschoolers with autism. Journal of Speech, Language, Hearing Research, 59(5), 1133-1145. Retrieved from
- Craig A. R. (2010). Self-administered behavior modification to reduce nail biting: Incorporating simple technology to ensure treatment integrity. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 3, 38-41. Retrieved from
- Delli Bovi, G.M., Vladescu, J.C., DeBar, R.M., Carroll, R.A., & Sarokoff, R.A., (2017). Using video modeling with voice-over instruction to train public school staff to implement a preference assessment. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 10, 72 – 76. Retrieved from
Summarize the article in 1 to 2 paragraphs. Include a brief description of the research question(s), the method, setting, and subjects, the research design, and a summary of the results.
Discuss each dimension in 1 to 2 paragraphs and provide specific details from the study you chose in support of each dimension. (3-4 pages total)
- Read the Case Study. Provide the following information based on the information provided: (4-6 pages)
- Operational definition of the behaviors.
- Determine what kind of data recording method(s) are most appropriate for each behavior w/rationale explaining your decisions?
- Create a hypothetical set of data for each behavior identified in the case, providing your data collection using the following forms:
- Graph the behaviors using a simple line graph, making sure to use proper ABA graphing conventions, and providing a figure caption.
- Discuss how you would account for reliability and validity in your measurement procedures.
| GET AN EXPERT FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT |
- Be at least 8-10 pages in length
- Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Title Page
- Use proper headings for each question
- Reference Page
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use Writing Resources for help.
Submitting your Assignment
Save your Word document in a location that you will remember with your full name and the class number. When you are ready, submit it to the unit Dropbox labeled Assignment.
Children with exceptionalities like autism spectral disorder will often face a lot of challenges both at home and in the school environment. It is, therefore, the role of therapists and other stakeholders to ensure that workable mitigation measures are put in place. An example of a professional therapist that can bring about change to an individual with such challenges is a behaviour analyst | GET AN EXPERT FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT | role is to use radical behaviourism to people by using applied behaviour | GET AN EXPERT FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT | aim of such an analyst is to institute meaningful change to the target population. Additionally, they ensure that the desired change is achieved where it is taught. For instance, at school, in the community or among family members. To achieve this change, behaviour analysts rely on the seven dimensions of ABA, as will discussed in part 1 of this task.
The selected article is by Theimann et al. (2016). It aimed at investigating the effectiveness of the utility of social intervention coupled to mechanisms mediated by peers and as picture exchange communication system (PECS) for autistic preschoolers that have minimal communication | GET AN EXPERT FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT | research question was “Does the desire to teach peers to be approachable communication allies by the use of PECS have an impact based on functional communication of autistics preschoolers with minimal functional communication | GET AN EXPERT FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT | or complete nonverbal | GET AN EXPERT FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT | the stated objective, the study was composed of four preschooler children having ASD and other seven children without the condition acting as a control…