Unit 9 Written Assessment
For this assignment, you will provide a long answer essay response to each of the questions below. For each question, you are encouraged to use the peer-reviewed resources provided throughout the units to support your responses. Please do not copy and paste the whole question into the document. Rather, provide the question number (1-4) and a brief heading that correlates with each section of the grading rubric. (Ex. 1. Motivating Operations and Differential Reinforcement)
- Discuss the differences between establishing and abolishing operations, and explain why you might manipulate these Motivating Operations as part of planned behavior change. Next, explain each type of Differential Reinforcement (DRO/DRI/DRA/DRL), and provide a basic example of how two DR procedures can be used to promote changes in behavior. Finally, discuss how other procedures might be incorporated to support a differential reinforcement approach as part of a behavior reduction component to the plan.
- First, define stimulus and stimulus class and provide an example that demonstrates your understanding of the concept. Next, define the concept of stimulus control and how stimulus control is established, differentiating between generalization and discrimination of stimuli. Finally, review Jasmine’s Case Example (transcript) to examine how you would use response and stimulus prompt fading to transfer stimulus control to a more relevant stimulus, including the application of differential reinforcement, as part of a maintenance plan for a target behavior.
- First, discuss the basic concept of Verbal Behavior as an operant paradigm. Next, discuss each of the elementary verbal operants, categorizing them according to their properties of point-to-point correspondence, formal similarity, and appropriate reinforcement according to each operant’s specific function. Finally, provide a unique example of each verbal operant to demonstrate your understanding of how each is applied to the development of language.
- Discuss the concept of Derived Stimulus Relations as it applies to the development of language and cognition. Explain the similarities and differences of how derived stimulus relations and verbal behavior contribute to the development of an individual’s language and cognition. Finally, identify the three parts of stimulus equivalence, and explain how each part applies to the development of derived stimulus relations in language.
| PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW AT writtask.com |
The paper should:
- Be at least 8-10 pages in length
- Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Title Page
- Use proper Headings for each question
- Reference Page
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the University Writing Resources for help.
Submitting your Assignment
Save your Word Document in a location that you will remember with your full name and the class number. When you are ready, submit it to the unit Dropbox labeled Assignment.