A. Explain the general purpose of conducting a root cause analysis (RCA).
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) refers to an approach used to conduct a systematic search on an incident’s underlying causes to facilitate the identification and implementation of the most effective and viable…
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your project.Write My Essay For Me
1. Explain each of the six steps used to conduct an RCA, as defined by IHI.
The first step is to determine what happened, correctly and entirely. This step can only be successful if teams are formed, and a diagram incorporated to help with clarity. The second step involve idealizing the situation…
2. Apply the RCA process to the scenario to describe the causative and contributing factors that led to the sentinel event outcome.
Mr. B had undergone heavy sedation with hydromorphone and diazepam considering he was medicated with oxycodone, an opioid. The effects of drugs, under those circumstances, could be severe. Furthermore…
B. Propose a process improvement plan that would decrease the likelihood of a reoccurrence of the scenario outcome.
The appropriate team of medical practitioners will be identified, and the process of identification is likely to result in substantial changes. In this case, part of the plan will comprise collecting data about the specific…
1. Discuss how each phase of Lewin’s change theory on the human side of change could be applied to the proposed improvement plan.
Using Lewin’s Change Theory, the improvement plan begins with the change identification and team selection. This action will be followed by conducting the change process. The possibility of the change…
C. Explain the general purpose of the failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) process.
The purpose of the FMEA is to carry out a series of actions to reduce or eliminate failures by starting with the ones with the highest priority….
1. Describe the steps of the FMEA process as defined by IHI.
The first step is selecting a process for FMEA evaluation. The process selection for FMEA evaluation is important, considering not every process is appropriate with this…
2. Complete the attached FMEA table by appropriately applying the scales of severity, occurrence, and detection to the process improvement plan proposed in part B.
D. Explain how you would test the interventions from the process improvement plan from part B to improve care.
E. Explain how a professional nurse can competently demonstrate leadership in each of the following areas:
• promoting quality care
• improving patient outcomes
• influencing quality improvement activities
1. Discuss how the involvement of the professional nurse in the RCA and FMEA processes demonstrates leadership qualities.
F. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
G. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.