- Choose the ONE systematic review topic that is of most interest to you, or most relevant to your practice situation, from the required List of Approved Systematic Review.
- Follow the grading criteria below to formulate your practice issue, which must be based on the topic of the systematic review you have selected.
- Download the required Milestone 1 Practice Issue and Evidence Summary Worksheets
- (both worksheets appear in ONE form) to document the practice issue presented and approved by your instructor in the Week 2 Discussions.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu
- . Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Your practice issue will be the same for all three Milestone assignments in this course.
Evidence Summary Worksheet Directions
- Develop an evidence summary by following the grading criteria below.
- Document this on the evidence summary portion of the worksheet.
- You will use this worksheet to incorporate your evidence summary into your Week 4 Milestone 2 assignment.
- Please type your answers directly into the worksheet.
Practice Issue and Evidence Summary Worksheets
Student Name: Job Manue Date: 5/21/2021
Practice Issue Worksheet
|List the topic and include the citation for the systematic review you have selected: TITLE: Hand Washing with Antiseptic to Reduce Surgical Site Infection. By Tanner (2016), surgical hand antiseptic to reduce surgical site infection. Cochrane Database of Systematic reviews, Issue 1. Art . No.: CD004288.DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004288.pub3. retrieved from, http://onlinelibrary.Wiley.com.chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/doi/10.1002/14651858|
|What is the practice issue you have identified related to the topic you have chosen? The issue has been identified as a result of increased cases xxx from health providers to patients and also from patient to patient that results in patient complications.|
|Define the scope of the practice issue: The “scope of practice” will be used to describe who, what, where, when, why, and how of nursing xxx especially in relation to surgical hygiene. xxx PICOT question will be xxx to define the action, processes and procedures that majorly results to patient complications due to surgical hygiene and especially hand washing or lack of it and the intervention xxx practice issue will be a discussion of why hand washing is important and also address the key players of the surgical department in as far as safety is xxx based on literature will also bring out the voice of xxx stakeholders over xxx they feel needs to be xxx to ensure hand xxx succeeds. A conclusion put in place outlines what needs to be considered in general medical xxx as ensuring pathogens are not xxx through negligent issues of clinical practice.|
|Describe the rationale for your checked selections: Safety/risk management concerns- Failure by a health professional to wash hands with an antiseptic under clean running water will xxx be contaminated. This will be a health risk not only to the patient but the health xxx practice issue is a concern- Improving the cleanliness of a surgical operating area and surgical equipment will automatically improve the health concern of health professionals. Hand washing won’t be hard to implement.|