Review the case study and answer the following questions.
Case Study: A 16-year-old arrived at a local family planning clinic with pregnancy concerns due to unprotected intercourse. This encounter occurred two nights prior, and she believes she may be fertile but wants information regarding the “morning-after pill”.
- What additional information should the nurse obtain during the assessment?
- What educational information should the nurse provide to the patient regarding emergency contraception treatment and the side effects?
There are several additional pieces of information that the nurse should obtain during the assessment of this patient:
- Confirm the date of the patient’s last menstrual period. This will help determine how far along…Order a customized and more comprehensive answer here
- Determine if the patient has any allergies or sensitivities that might contraindicate the use of certain medications.
- Ask about the patient’s current health status, including any underlying medical conditions …Order a customized and more comprehensive answer here
- Determine if the patient has any questions or concerns about the morning-after pill or emergency contraception in general.
Regarding educational information, the nurse should provide the patient with information about the effectiveness of the morning-after pill and any potential side effects. This should include information about how the medication works, how to take it, and when to expect it to be effective. The nurse should also discuss the Order a customized and more comprehensive answer here