|Take one component in the Metaparadigm of Nursing and identify the concept or concepts of Watson’s Theory of Caring that support that Watson wrote a theory of nursing.|
Watson’s Theory of Caring states that the provision of care to an individual is a mutually beneficial experience for all involved. The theory suggests that the immeasurable benefits are experienced at both professional and personal level for the health care providers. There are four core principles and concepts covered by Watson’s theory (Sitzman, 2018).
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your project.Write My Essay For Me
The principles include:
- Need for the nurse to be part of the healing and caring environment.
- Practice of loving-kindness.
- Openness to the unexpected such as the possibility of miracles.
- Cultivation of a spiritual practice that targets the mind, body, and spirit.
The concepts include:
- Formation of a transpersonal caring relationship between the patient and nurse.
- Caring for others.
- Inclusion of a caring moment in the different encounters between the patient and health care provider.
- Use of a reflective and meditative approach in the caring process.
Various nursing metaparadigms are useful in providing the structure for how the nursing profession should function in caring for their patients. The xxx metaparadigm xxx to focus on the xxx and internal xxx of the patient’s environment and how they affect the possible health outcomes (Nikfarid, Hekmat, Vedad & Rajabi, 2018). These xxx include the patient’s interaction with the family and friends, technology, culture, geographical location, and economic status. It is theorized that the improvement…