Week 5 Discussion
Book: Molloy, M. (2020). Experiencing the World’s Religions (8th Edition). McGraw-Hill Higher Education (US). https://savantlearningsystems.vitalsource.com/books/9781260813746
Muhammad is known in Islam as “The Seal of the Prophets.”
· Why is this phrase of great consequence for Muslims?
· What does calling Muhammad “The Seal of the Prophets” mean for Islamic theology, ethics, worship?
Choose either Judaism OR Christianity and select a prophet from your chosen religion.
· What does the prophetic office mean for the religion you have chosen?
· How does your choice exercise the office of prophet within either Judaism or Christianity?
· Finally, whom do you regard as being a “prophet” in today’s world? Name this person.
· Is the role of “prophet” still important in today’s world? Or has “the time of the prophet” passed, never to return?