Mr. Khaled is the HR manager in Alkhalili Company. Alkhalili Company is in construction business. In COVID-19, construction industry were affected a lot.Alkhalili Company were also affected and lost several projects. Some projects were gone in heavy loss. Company has decided to downsize its work force.
KHALID was in such a situation that telling the truth about staff layoff to his friends will make him disloyal to the company. At the same time hiding about staff layoff from his close friend will make Khaled disloyal towards his friend. In this case, Khaled may find it difficult to find out all facts especially the time workers would take to find a new Job .Khaled, the workers, His Boss, society, the company are the affected stakeholders. The right of both the workers and company to know and hide about layoff and the loyalty that company and workers expect from Khaled are the main ethical issues Khaled face. The consequences of telling and hiding about the staff layoff would be, Khaled may lose his job, workers will get time to find other placement, Khaled will remain in good book of management or workers have to suffer from sudden job loss. Anyway, before reaching a conclusion Khaled should have to think about the duties towards company as an employee also about how society is going to value him by the decision he take. However, Khaled can warn both employees and management like not to make any big financial commitment or about the after effect of hiding the layoff truth from employees. At last Khaled must take a decision considering all these factors and should have the gut to stand on the decision taken by him.
- Write the problem statement document?[Word count: 300-400}
- Identify the Cause of the problem through 5 Why Technique[Word count: 200-300]
- Gather information: What information should you gather that would be helpful to know before making a decision?[Word count: 300-400]
- Consider the various choices of solution?[Word count: 200-300]
- What are ethical issues in this case? How you can resolve these ethical issues?