Complete the Learning Activity to prepare for this week’s Assignment.
For this Assignment, you will write a 6-8-page paper discussing the developmental concerns across three life stages using the case study provided. Use the readings from previous units and at least three academic sources from the Library.
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your project.Write My Essay For Me
Read the Case Study: Carlos
Carlos is a well-nurtured, well-groomed, and polite 9-year-old boy. Molly, Carlos’ mother, has brought him to your office because Carlos appears to be struggling in school both academically and socially. The purpose of this paper is for you to present a developmental profile of the child that explains their individual growth using biological, social, psychosocial, cognitive, and environmental theories.
- Evaluate the impact that environmental influences (e.g., SES, maternal nutrition, teratogens, etc.) have on the biological development of unborn and newly born children as applied to the case provided.
- Explain the developmental concerns of early childhood using the theories and concepts learned involved in the case provided.
- Describe the developmental concerns of middle childhood using the theories involved in the case provided.
- Explore the impact of multiculturism and diversity as applied to the case provided.
- Design at least three interventions to address the presenting concerns in the case provided.
The Assignment should:
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, (6th ed.).
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
Your paper should include:
- Title Page
- Main Body of the paper
- Reference Page
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location that you will remember and with your full name along with the class number. When you are ready to submit it to the unit Dropbox. You should revisit the Dropbox to view any helpful feedback your instructor has left for you.
The state of California enacted a law that mandated one nurse to every five patients ratio in hospital wards and similarly, one nurse for every two Intensive Care patients (Leigh, 2015). These ratios were generally much higher than the existing ones before the enactment of the law in 2004. The main aim of the legislation was to improve the care of patients and despite there be no consensus, research suggests a positive impact of the legislation concerning patient care in various areas (Leigh, 2015). This legislation was responding to the alarming concern about the safety of patients as care in California hospitals became more complex and there was a dire need for more nurses.
Through influence from various institutions such as the Service Employees International Union and the California Nurses Association helped drive the staffing concerns into the political limelight (Leigh, 2015). Pressure from the institutions compelled political leaders to form the California Strategic Planning Committee for Nursing that predicted the existing and future changes. The Committee was responsible for formulating recommendations to curb the nurses’ shortage issue (Leigh, 2015).
Based on the legislation, Congress has been reviewing the option of making it a national requirement. The new proposals include the federal’s government Registered Nurse Safe Staffing Acts (S.2353 and H.R.1821) (Clavreful, n.d.) which apply to all hospitals participating in the Medicare | PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW AT writtask.com | will be different from the California legislation. The federal law requires every hospital to create a committee where more than half must be RNs giving direct care to | PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW AT writtask.com | will be responsible for creating the staffing strategies depending on patient awareness, nurse experience among other | PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW AT writtask.com | will allow nurse managers to match patients with nurses based on the skill and knowledge of their…